Are you craving a baked potato, but haven’t eaten a vegetable in two days? I’ve got your solution: zucchini boats, baked potato style! The perfect dish for the veggie haters, these zucchini boats are filled with delicious and healthy ingredients (and bacon… and cheese…). I found the recipe here with a fabulous step by step with pictures, so I’ll leave out the specifics. Here are my quickie instructions:
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped,
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. curry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sauté the onion with the butter in a pan. Add all spices.
- After the onion is translucent add the bacon and cook for a minute or two more.
- Cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Spoon or scoop out the “meat” of the zucchini. Put the “meat” in a bowl.
- Add the onion, bacon, tomato, and sour cream to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pile the mixture on the zucchini. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake the zucchini for about 30 minutes or the zucchini is soft and well-cooked.